We are proud of our history within the watch world, well known for our British design, and dependability. Our dive watches stand out as robust and reliable watches that cater to the needs of both diving enthusiasts and style-conscious individuals.
Rotary dive watches are purpose-built and designed to accompany adventurers beneath the waves. Exceptional water resistance, rugged construction, and specific dive-related functionalities make them invaluable tools for divers and those partaking in water sports.
What makes a Rotary Dive Watch?
- Water Resistance: Our dive watches boast impressive water resistance ratings, often ranging from 200 metres (660 feet) to 300 metres (1,000 feet). This ensures their ability to withstand the pressure encountered during various water activities, including scuba diving, snorkelling, and swimming.
- Robust Construction: Built to endure harsh environments, our dive watches feature sturdy cases crafted from high-quality materials such as stainless steel. These materials offer exceptional durability, corrosion resistance, and ensure protection for the mechanisms within.
- Unidirectional Rotating Bezels: A hallmark of dive watches, unidirectional rotating bezels are a necessity for safely timing a dive. This feature allows divers to measure elapsed time underwater accurately. If you have ever wondered why the bezel only rotates one way on a dive watch, the reason is to ensure that no more time is added to a divers timer, it can only reduce the timer. The bezel itself can be easily rotated with a satisfying ‘click’ into place. By aligning with the minute hand, this enables divers to track their remaining dive time or decompression stops effortlessly.
- Luminescent Markers: Legibility is paramount underwater, and all of our dive watches feature luminous markers on their dials and hands. Utilising advanced luminescent materials, such as SuperLuminova, these watches offer enhanced readability in low-light or dark conditions, ensuring timing information is always visible.
- Screw-down Crowns and Casebacks: Our dive watches incorporate screw-down crowns and casebacks to provide an additional layer of water resistance. This mechanism ensures a watertight seal, preventing water from entering the watch's inner workings.
Our Dive Watch Style Guide
While functionality remains at the core of Rotary dive watches, their timeless design makes them a perfect all day watch. Our dive-watch style guide below outlines the key elements to consider when choosing your next watch:
- Dial Designs: Rotary offers a range of dial options, from minimalistic and sleek to bold and sporty. Choose a design that resonates with your personal style and preference. Classic choices include black, green or blue dials with contrasting luminous markers, ensuring excellent legibility.
- Bracelets and Straps: our dive watches often come with metal bracelets or rubber straps. Metal bracelets offer a timeless and sophisticated look, while rubber straps are durable, comfortable, and ideal for many water activities. Consider your intended use and personal style when selecting the bracelet or strap option.
- Case Size: Dive watches tend to have larger case sizes to enhance readability and provide robustness. Rotary offers a range of case sizes, from 40mm to 45mm, catering to different wrist sizes and style preferences. Choose a size that balances comfort and visual impact.
- Bezel Designs: Rotary dive watches feature unidirectional rotating bezels with various designs. Some may have minute markers or numerical scales, while others have a more simplistic aesthetic. Consider the overall look and functionality of the bezel when making your choice.
Rotary dive watches epitomize the ideal blend of practicality and aesthetics. They captivate diving enthusiasts and discerning individuals alike, seamlessly transitioning from a formal suit to a wetsuit with effortless grace.